WADA Webinar for Athletes
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has announced the launch of a series of athlete-led webinars to be held over the coming months. This series, which is an initiative of WADA’s Athlete Committee, is intended to provide a platform for interactive engagement by the Agency with athletes worldwide on anti-doping matters.The first webinar on COVID-19 and CLEAN SPORT will be held on July 03,2020. World Skate kindly invites you to spread this initiative as much as possible, interested athletes can register by clicking here
The first webinar, titled COVID-19 and Clean Sport, will be held on 3 July at 09:00 EDT; and, will focus on the impact of COVID-19 on athletes and the anti-doping system. The panelists will include the following athletes and experts:
• Ben Sandford: Chair, WADA Athlete Committee
• Dr. Alan Vernec: Medical Director, WADA
• Dr. Andrea Gotzmann, Chairwoman of the Executive Board, National Anti-Doping Agency of Germany
• Benjamin Cohen: Director General, International Testing Agency
• Tim Ricketts, Director, Standards & Harmonization, WADA
These panelists will engage participants on the following topics:
• the current situation in relation to testing;
• what athletes can expect may be modified with respect to health and safety protections as testing ramps up again; and
• how Anti-Doping Organizations are innovating and maintaining other elements of their detection and deterrence programs in the face of reduced testing.
Athletes are invited to register for this first webinar, by clicking here. Anti-Doping Organizations worldwide are encouraged to relay this announcement on to their athletes.
As a service to our readers, Around the Rings will provide verbatim texts of selected press releases issued by Olympic-related organizations, federations, businesses and sponsors.
These press releases appear as sent to Around the Rings and are not edited for spelling, grammar or punctuation.
25 Years at #1: Your best source of news about the Olympics is www.aroundtherings.com, for subscribers only