IWF RESPONDS TO IOC LETTER
Following the IWF Executive Board meeting on 27 February 2021, the undermentioned letter has been sent out to IOC and all involved parties in relation to the decision made during the meeting:
27 February 2021
INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE (IOC)
IOC Director General
Mr. Christophe De Kepper
Re: your letter dated 24 February 2021 to Dr. Michael Irani, IWF Interim President and Mr. Mohammed Jalood, IWF General Secretary
Dear Director General,
Dear Mr. De Kepper,
This is in response to your letter under caption.
The IWF Executive Board, which met today, wishes to assure you and the IOC that the IWF is determined to address forthwith the concerns which you have clearly expressed.
To that effect, the IWF Executive Board took the following first decisions effective immediately:
1. The IWF Electoral and Constitutional Congresses scheduled on 26-27 March and 29-30 April 2021 are postponed.
2. The sequence of both IWF Electoral and Constitutional Congresses will be reversed so that the Constitutional Congress will be held prior to the Electoral Congress.
3. Further decisions as to the respective dates and modalities for both Congresses will be taken as soon as possible and communicated in due time.
4. The IWF Executive Board approved to entitle the Chair and Vice-Chair of the IWF Athletes Commission to vote at EB Meetings.
5. The IWF Executive Board will act further upon your letter under caption in consultation with the IOC and, as the case may be, other stakeholders concerned.
Finally, the IWF hereby expresses its appreciation to the IOC for its guidance and advice and hereby affirms the IWF’s commitment to a new era of good governance and transparency.
We remain at your disposal if there are any further questions.
Dr. Michael Irani
IWF Interim President
IWF General Secretary
As a service to our readers, Around the Rings will provide verbatim texts of selected press releases issued by Olympic-related organizations, federations, businesses and sponsors.
These press releases appear as sent to Around the Rings and are not edited for spelling, grammar or punctuation.
25 Years at #1: Your best source of news about the Olympics is www.aroundtherings.com, for subscribers only