Tokyo plans to use 14,000 volunteers for its transport workforce. (Getty Images)
Tokyo will use the most volunteers for its transport workforce. In this installment of By the Book, Around the Rings presents a look at plans of Chicago, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo for the 2016 transport workforce.
Type – Number of personnelChicago
• Total transport workforce – 15, 700
• Venue transport volunteers – 1,200
• Volunteer drivers – 2,700Madrid
• Total transport workforce – up to 20,000
• Volunteers- 12,500 Rio de Janeiro
• Total transport workforce – 25,000
• Volunteers – 1,500Tokyo
• Total transport workforce- 18,000
• Volunteers – 14,000By the Book is a series of reports on the 2016 candidate cities, using information provided in the candidate file of each city.Edited by Isia ReavesFor general comments or questions, click here Your best source of news about the Olympics is www.aroundtherings.com, for subscribers only.