First International Federation for Judges and Referees
The first general assembly of new the International Sport Officials Federation will take place on March 8th at The Hague, a city on the North Sea coast of the western Netherlands.
The meeting will be at the Peace Palace, in the Ferdinand Bol room.
According Patrick Vajda ,President of AFCAM and Member of the IOC’s Athletes’ Entourage Commission, next general assembly will have as object " the creation of the first international federation for judges and referees".
"It will be important to receive as soon as possible the name and the email address of the representatives in order to know precisely how many people will attend" Vajda said in a statement
Vajda appreciated the support of the Dutch Olympic Committee.
The IOC will be officially represented.
Details of this first general assembly will be given in a forthcoming mail.
Points of the next Assembly:
- Choose a name for the new Federation: there is two proposals, one francophone – Fédération International du Corps Arbitral Multisports; the other Anglophone – International Sport Officials Federation
- Have adopted statutes and the amount of the annual membership fee
- Elect a President, as well as a Board
- Set the agenda for future tasks
- Adopt methods of communication, the initial objective being to have the international federations and the Olympic Committees join to the new project – they are today missing - as well as those international referees that wish to do so.
As a service to our readers, Around the Rings will provide verbatim texts of selected press releases issued by Olympic-related organizations, federations, businesses and sponsors.
These press releases appear as sent to Around the Rings and are not edited for spelling, grammar or punctuation.
25 Years at #1: Your best source of news about the Olympics is www.aroundtherings.com, for subscribers only